Aquamarine Bilge Buster ®
A new approach to reducing oil discharges/residues in marine bilges
Oil Bioremediation – stops toxic smells, gets rid of waste oil and grease in the bilge.
Saves money on disposal costs, changes waste oil and hydrocarbons into H2O and CO2! Each Aquamarine Bilge Buster® contains a blend of class I (Between Class 1 and 4, class 1 being the safest type) oil digesting bacteria. The pillow immediately absorbs any free oil within the surface water and is capable of absorbing up to 14 times its weight in oil – the equivalent to 9 litres. Over a 4 month period each standard size pillow has an estimated potential to change 18 kgs of oil into CO2 and water Aquamarine Bilge Buster® floats on the surface absorbing and digesting oil, reducing discharges, BOD and COD.
After use each pillow should be disposed of as hazardous waste since hydrocarbon deposits may still be present although the oil should be reduced to carbon Dioxide and water.
• Complies with the European Standard EN 858 (European oily discharge limits) Will allow easy reclamation and disposal of the water allowing the clean water to be pumped back to sea.
• Easily placed in the surface layer of a bilge to remove surface oil and tie to any convenient fixing point.
• Once in place, Aquamarine Bilge Buster® requires no maintenance other than periodic replacement approximately every 6 months
• Once the oil bacteria start growing, each pillow is capable of degrading in excess of 1.5 kg of oil per week • Non-toxic, contains no hazardous materials
• Supports function of natural bacterial flora to digest oil and grease
• Significantly reduces the volume of free oil in a Bilge
• Tough, resilient and very durable
• Pillow contents can be optimized to degrade contamination from specific sources of waste oil and hydrocarbon waste • Aquamarine Bilge Buster® is safe and requires no haz-chem labelling
• Special treatment repels water to give maximum oil absorption
• Use 1 Aquamarine Bilge Buster® per 2000 litre of bilge volume on average
• Replace Aquamarine Bilge Buster® unit every 4 to 6 months depending on the difficulty of the problem
• Prior to use, if on a ship, the separator should be emptied
Aquamarine Bilge Buster® is suitable for use in all bilge areas or waste tanks receiving continuous run off of oily water. Place Aquamarine Bilge Buster® on the surface of the layer of oil to be treated and tie in place, allowing the pillow to break the surface layer.
Replace as necessary to ensure continued natural bacterial action. Normal replacement interval is approx six months.
Storage & Handling
• Store in a cool dry place
• Avoid prolonged exposure to temperatures exceeding 40°C
• Avoid eye contact
• Wash hands thoroughly with warm soapy water after handling
Pack Size: 1 per pack
NSN J200-4235-99-507-3683 Product Ref. 0079