• This chemical product is a dry powder product used for hardness reduction and phosphate control in boiler water systems
• Eliminates calcium scale problems
• Phosphate levels are optimised
• Hardness salt forms are easily removed by blow down
• Can be used in all ship boiler water systems
This product is formulated to give an optimum phosphate level within boiler water systems. This ensures correct hardness levels at all times.
A representative sample of the marine boiler water must be regularly obtained and tested for phosphate levels. The use of impure feed water will influence phosphate demand. The powder should be dissolved in warm water (50°C) at a ratio of 1 part to 20 parts water and then fed into the boiler system by a by-pass feeder.
These aReference recommended limits for levels of treatment.
They are not intended to replace either shipping company instruction or boiler manufacturer’s policy.
NSN J150 6850-99-834-9159
Pack Size 25 Ltrs
Product Ref. 0054
Liquid Boiler Water Treatment Extra – generally used as a marine one-shot chemical treatment for Medium-Low Pressure Marine Boilers
pH, corrosion, scale and sludge controller for boiler water
Aquamarine Boiler Water Treatment is a combined concentrate liquid alkaline product that inhibits corrosion, controls alkalinity, controls hardness and oxygen. It is easy to use, non-hazardous and effective. It functions by neutralising acid conditions, precipitating salts, sludge conditioning and oxygen scavenging. For additional Oxygen Scavenger please see separate product details.
Boiler water additive for low/medium pressure boilers (up to 250 psi).
Aquamarine Boiler Water Treatment is fed into the water feed line by means of a continuous feed dosing pump.
Initial dose: 2.4 litres of Boiler Water Treatment/tonne in the boiler water system.
Please download a boiler water log sheet from the log sheet section on the CD or from our website www.bayer-wood.co.uk. Logs should be submitted monthly for analysis and a report will be sent out by the end of the month in which they are received.
Key parameters are PAlkalinity, Chloride and Sulphite
• Above 200 p.p.m. no dose is required but above 300 PAlkalinity p.p.m. blow down should be implemented
• Sulphite should be kept at 30-50 p.p.m or according to manufacturer’s guide-lines
• Chloride content should be controlled below a level of 200 p.p.m. (Above 200 – Blow-Down) Please ensure that all the test reagents are within the date on the bottle before using.
Feedwater Temperatures – Some typical issues
Temperature of the hotwell is too low. (The temperature should be kept between 70° – 80° C to reduce the oxygen content):
• Return condensate lines and make up line are fitted above the water level. (Tubes to be length under the water level to avoid oxygen intake) Hotwell covers open!
(steam cushion left)
• Temperature of hotwell is above the 90° C. ( Temperature must be kept maximum 90° C to avoid cavitation)
• Feed pump should be placed on the same level as the hotwell or one deck lower to avoid vapour formation in the pump Aquamarine BWT test kit is available for accurate system checking.
(see under Test Kits)
Pack Size 25 Ltr.
NSN J150 6850-99-834-9159 Product Ref. 0003